It’s official. I am in love with my new ice cream maker.
Who knew it could be so darn easy to whip up a delicious, healthy dessert? Since I wasn’t too sure how well my first batch would turn out, I started simple by making vanilla frozen yogurt.
All it took was 4 simple ingredients and a whirl in the ice cream maker and out came a sweet treat!
Super Simple Frozen Yogurt
- 2.5 C. Fage Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 C. Silk Pure Almond unsweetened almond milk
- 3 droppers full of NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia
- dash of sea salt
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Turn on the ice cream maker (make certain the tub has been frozen for at least 12 hours).
- Slowly pour the mixture into the ice cream maker.
- Let the maker work its magic for about 15 minutes. Or until your frozen yogurt has reached your desired consistency.
I was going for a mint chocolate chip flavor, so I topped my bowl off with some dark chocolate & mint morsels (which are also great in cookies).
This seriously could not have been any easier. If you’ve been considering investing in an ice cream maker, just do it. You won’t regret it!
And you know what? The fact that this recipe is easy and tasty isn’t even the best part. The best part? The nutrition information.
If you divide the recipe up into 3 servings, it has 115 calories and nearly 20 grams of protein (minus the toppings).
I had about half of the batch, which still only has roughly 175 calories and nearly 30 grams of protein! Add the chocolate chips (which have about 60 calories) and you have an easy, delicious, and protein-packed dessert for only 240 calories! Uh, yeah. I’ll take that any day.
I can’t wait to experiment some more! I’m thinking lemon sorbet is up next.