As promised, here’s a simple, healthy, and delicious breakfast recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 whole eggs, 1 egg white
1/2 chopped Red Pepper
Handful of chopped spinach
Laughing cow cheese wedge
1 Morningstar Farms Veggie Patty
Optional: Nutritional Yeast
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Crack eggs, whisk with a fork, and set aside. Add salt and pepper and nutritional yeast, if desired.
3. Chop veggies.
4. Microwave veggie patty for 30 seconds, then chop into pieces.
5. Grease cupcake pan with EVOO. (I used my Misto and sprayed them.)
6. Layer veggies and veggie patty into each section of the cupcake pan.
7. Pour eggs into each section.
8. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes to ensure tops are cooked through.
10. I needed an even number. Winking smile
Using a measuring cup makes pouring the eggs much easier!
Ready for the oven!
Ready for my belly!
I enjoyed my mini frittatas atop a toasted Arnold thin spread with hummus. Whereas, the bf enjoyed his popped into his mouth straight from the pan!
Whatever floats your boat. Winking smile
A huge benefit to making individual frittatas rather than one big one? You can make a variety all at once!
Want different veggies or real sausage? Easy.
Want extra cheese? Easy again.
Want yours spicy? Easy, add crushed red pepper!
You get the point. Another perfect meal for a family with mixed eating styles. It just so happens that everyone was good with what I decided to add. This time at least.
Calorie breakdown, just in case you’re interested.
Serving Size: 1 mini frittatas
Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat 24.8
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2.75g
Saturated Fat 0.83g
Total Carbohydrate 2.4g
Dietary Fiber 0.83g
Est. Percent of Calories from:
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.
Let me know if you try it!
Have a great day! Smile