First, let’s give a BIG birthday shout out to my beautiful mother! Remember how I said that I could never completely give up junk food? Yeah, well birthday cake is part of the reasoning behind that. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!
Want to talk about something completely different today?
Not food. Not workouts.
How about do-it-yourself projects? After all, my life isn’t all about health and fitness.
Lately, I’ve been getting these little bursts of craftiness. The little bursts usually land me with 5 bags full of Michael’s craft supplies - most of which are filled with stuff that I don’t need/will never use. But it’s always fun to imagine what you could do with it all, you know?
I’ve also been getting all crazy about organization and cute little bins. I blame Pinterest. It basically makes me want to hole up and go all Martha Stewart on every room in my house.
So, I didn’t go all Martha Stewart, but I did make a nice centerpiece that I’m pretty proud of.
It’s Springy and cute.Pin It
DIY centerpiece + pumpkin buttercream candle. Yes, I still have a pumpkin candle. It smells heavenly.
For the centerpiece, I used:
- 1 extra large mason jar
- 2 bags of fake fruit (or whatever else you want to fill the jar with – rocks, jewels, something seasonal, the options are endless)
- a piece of foam
- flowers/greenery of your choice
- Fill the jar.
- Cut the piece of foam into a circle that is a bit larger than the mason jar opening Note: this is messy. I would recommend doing it over a garbage can.
- Push the foam down into the jar. It should be a snug fit.
5. Arrange the flowers however you’d like them. For mine, I cut the stems down (with wire cutters) so that the flowers were pretty short. Then I used the discarded leaves for a few touches of green.
6. Tie a ribbon around the opening of the jar to hide the foam.
7. Admire your work.Pin It
So that was a nice little change of pace – don’t you think? I can foresee myself doing this same type of thing with different seasonal arrangements. Lemons, mini pumpkins, pinecones, Christmas ornaments…oh my!
Don’t worry – I’ll be back tomorrow to tell you all about a new line of products that I love.
I’m linking up this post to Meg’s fabulous high five Friday because I’m super proud of my little project!