At the beginning of the year, I proposed a list of things that I wanted to accomplish in 2011. Goals, if you will.
Along with my goals, I created an inspiration board to keep me motivated. I thought it would be especially helpful for those times when I needed an extra kick in the booty.
Sadly, my inspiration board has been neglected. I just haven’t utilized it as much as I hoped I would. I suppose I could consider this a good thing since I haven’t really needed the extra boost of motivation. Either way I’m going to make it a point to give my board some attention!
It’s pretty – so why not?
The first quarter of the year is coming to an end, so I thought this would be the perfect time to do a little goal check-in. Have I accomplished my goals or am I at least on my way?
First up? School.
- take the GRE (Not yet! I’ve been told that it’s best to take the GRE when you are not taking classes-so this will be a summer task!)
- complete grad school applications (letters of recommendation, personal statements, GRE scores) Since I’m not applying until next year, I won’t be tackling these tasks until the last quarter of the year.
- finish my last semester with a 4.0 (So far, so good.)
- squeeze every last drop of knowledge out of my internship supervisor and my favorite professors (YES!)
- spend at least 1 night a week doing something Adam chooses (board games, video games, movies…etc.)—his choice, his night This has been going fantastically. We’ve done movies, bowling, dinner, games….
- continue working on Adam’s basketball/soccer skills Yes! He’s doing great!
- encourage Adam to continue his love for reading (he’s on the 4th Harry Potter book!) Every day!
- As always, be patient, loving, and understanding. <—a constant goal
- just make his childhood the best it can be! (like mine was!) I try to achieve this each and every day.
- work on communication between Sam & I--We are both so busy we sometimes forget to catch up on each others lives! We have been spending more quality time together – hello, pipes challenge! ;)
- continue spending quality time with my parents & siblings This is going pretty well, too.
- build on my friendships and keep them strong Yes! I even got together with few friends that I haven’t seen in a while!
- run a race or races(5k, half marathon) Yes! I ran my first 5k on March 20th and I’m running my second this Saturday!
- learn to run smarter Hm, I’m not sure whether I’ve been doing this or not. In fact, I’m not even certain what I meant by this! haha
- incorporate more strength training <—another constant goal (get strong!) Again, pipes challenge!
- continue eating healthy and trying new foods Check!
- try to incorporate more yoga/stretching into my current routine Big huge fail right here.
Last but not least are my blogging goals. The New Healthy is going strong! However, I have yet to meet any blends in real-life – hopefully that will change soon!
Did you make any goals for 2011? If so, are you keeping up with them?
In the past, I’ve been a habitual “set ‘em and forget ‘em” type of person! Not this year! Thanks to this little bloggy, I’m staying accountable.
After looking back at my goals, I have a better idea of what I need to work more on and what I need to simply continue doing.
Have a great days guys!