Hey there friends!
Can you take a little guess at what I’ll be showing you this fine morning? That’s right—my lunch [all wrapped up]!
As you may know, I am a vegetarian. Now what kind of vegetarian would I be if I didn’t include a tofu wrap in my 4 days of wraps? Unique? Maybe. But hey, I like my tofu.
Again, if you’re just joining us—get caught up!
Tofu was yet another food that used to intimidate me. I tackled it a while ago—and I’ve used the same preparation method each time since!
I shall call it the drain and press method.
- Open the tofu and drain the standing liquid.
- Place the block of tofu on a cutting board covered with a clean towel.
- Cover the block of tofu with another clean towel + another cutting board.
- Place something heavy on top of the tofu to add pressure. Books aren’t only for reading!
Let the tofu press for about 25 minutes. When you remove the towels the tofu is ready to be used!
While the tofu is pressing, assemble your wrap ingredients.
So you could say that I got really funky with this filling. I wasn’t sure how well these flavors would work together—but I rolled with it!
I also added 1 mini scoop of stevia for a bit more sweetness.
Combine all of your ingredients and refrigerate for at least one hour. <—this allows the tofu to soak up the sauce and take on a great flavor (hopefully)
Now it’s time to wrap it up!
Choose your sides and lunch is ready to go!
Adam took a pretty yummy lunch today too.
In the bento box:
- 1 whole wheat mini bagel with cream cheese
- 1/2 whole wheat mini bagel with peanut butter
- blueberry yogurt (mixed with a little plain Greek for extra protein) + pom arils
- garlic n’ herb pita chips + feta cheese dip
The snow just kept coming all day yesterday—so it’s a winter wonderland outside.
I’m armed with a blueberry cinnamon crumble iced coffee and ready to tackle the day! (By the way, I bought the coffee at my favorite store—Marshall’s)
Have a great one!
So, what are you having for lunch today?
Something to do: e-mail me your lunch pictures (or a link to your lunch post) and I’ll do a round-up at the end of the week! email@example.com
Something to read: 2011 Fitness Trend Predictions <—I sure hope to see more functional fitness classes in my area!