Is it seriously November? It blows my mind how fast this year has zipped by!
A new month means a fresh start. So I’m going to take this opportunity to set a few short-term goals.
- Incorporate more strength training sessions in each week. My goal is to get at least 2 good strength sessions in each week.
- Run 15 miles miles per week. Whether this means running 3 5-milers, or 5 3-milers, I just want to get the mileage.
- Also, in accordance with numbers 1 & 2, I need to actually keep track of my work-outs.
- Continue trying new foods.
- Cook at least two dinners per week. By this I mean actual sit-down meals that require effort, a wrap or a salad doesn’t count. Two dinners may sound pretty skimpy, but with my schedule these days, I think it’s a start!
- Eat a bigger variety of veggies, and get at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies daily. (Is that a big number? I’m not exactly sure about serving sizes.)
- Make time for more family nights.
- Remember to enjoy each moment, instead of always rushing to get everything in the day.
- Research more Grad Schools and narrow down the choices.
Woah nelly, I think that is more than enough goals for one post!
I’ll check back in mid-month to see how I’m doing! Remind me if I forget, please.
If you’re just catching up with the blogworld after a fun-filled weekend, here’s what my weekend looked like:
I made homemade apple-spiced pecan butter!
I made mini frittatas which are great for portion control.
How was your weekend?
Highlights in Pictures
Halloween Breakfast (Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage, 2 eggs scrambled, toast with hummus + nutritional yeast)
Criss Angel in the House (Costume courtesy of Salvation Army, Mom’s Closet, and Meijers)
I am cracking up at these pictures right now!
Jasmine green tea in my cute new cup. Thanks Mom!!
Today’s Breakfast--Cherry Green Monster
- 2 huge handfuls of spinach
- Frozen Banana
- Frozen Cherries
- 1 T. Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop Maca
- Almond Milk
- Salad with Leftover Chickpea Puff filling + Tomatoes + Cukes
- Honeycrisp Apple
- Coconut Cream Pie Larabar
- Abnormally large Grapes
Every snack has involved Adam’s delicious homemade cookies! I have no willpower when it comes to baked goods!
Well that brings us up to speed.
I’m about to take an online exam and study for my Cognitive Exam on Wednesday.
Have a great night!!
What are your goals for November?